About Me

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

T-Day

Here we are... T-Day! The day that Scott and I become parents of a teenager! Wow! I cannot believe we have been parents for 13 years! It is only through God that we have come this far! God has been so faithful to us and to Harrison. Both of our boys cause us to be in awe of the privilege to parent. Harrison reminds us today on his birthday that he is indeed a work of God and a gift to us all.

Normally on birthdays in our house, we have the family celebration in the early morning. However, because of my toe issues and Will having been sick all week, I had not had time to get ready for today. We made Harrison wait until 8pm to open presents! We had ordered a cake for him from our favorite bakery- he has his mom's chocolate tooth! It was a Milky Way cake complete with chocolate cake, ganache, and shavings on top. In fact, there were so many shavings on top, they had to write his name on the side! (See photo- don't drool!)

The other exciting event at our house today is the discovery of more baby birds. I went to check on the nest in my hanging basket on the front porch. (wren's I believe) Last week, there was only one baby, now there are 4! I saw 4 little mouths wide open! I guess I won't be watering that plant for a while. I hope the mommy bird finishes her job soon! As fast as the baby birds grow, I guess hers will be teenagers themselves soon!

Another techie alert: I am NOT technical and I attempted something tonight that didn't really work out. I tried to scan a picture of Harrison from age 2, but I couldn't get it to enlarge. If you click on it, I think you can see it better. I need to read up on this and figure out how to work it out. Anyway, I feel like he was that little just yesterday!! What a cutie!
Enjoy all of yours!

P.S. I can't seem to post anymore photos- guess Blogger is having trouble. I will try again tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HARRISON!!! I can't believe he is already 13!!! That cake looks WONDERFUL and has caused me to drool. Thanks for that, my friend. lol We LOVE that bakery, too, as you well know.

Too sweet about those birds! I know it will be fun watching them.

Hopefully you can post that pic of Harrison soon. Blogger has had issues the last couple of days. lol