My blog title today expresses my weekend! It is amazing how we go for weeks with not much on the calendar, then everything seems to take place in one weekend!
Friday evening was our winter sports banquet at school. I was so proud of my hubby, as he had to talk about each of his players and their basketball season. While it was a tough season ( 4-14) he continued to encourage this very young team. I love seeing him in the role of head coach, it just warms my heart. I have told many people this, but I am in awe that God is allowing Scott to live out his dream. When we were dating some 20 years ago, he used to dream of being a coach- but he knew he couldn't support a family on such a small salary. Now he gets to be a volunteer coach and share his gifts with these kids.
Saturday, I was at a meeting at the boys' school from 7:30-2:00. It was an honor to be asked to sit in this meeting of ideas. God has called some awesome people to our school and I enjoyed listening to their thoughts.
Saturday night, one of our basketball families invited us to dinner to celebrate the end of the season. They invited Scott's assistant coach as well. Sometimes it is sooooooo nice to have a really nice meal with adult conversation!! LOL
Sunday night, we attended a prayer ministry meeting at our church. Some people shared some incredible stories of how prayer changed their lives. It was truly encouraging. I loved Kellie's blog today about the frailty of life and being sure you know Him. Her words reminded me of one of the leaders of our church's prayer ministry. He talked last night about what he has learned by praying for others. He said you really see how fragile life is and that God truly is in control.
Today, I look back on a Whew! of a weekend and thank God for bringing me through it. Tomorrow the middle school baseball season starts and we're excited to see Harrison play again! Enjoy your night and draw close to Him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment