My friend is still attending the Bible study I used to attend. I miss it so much!! Since I went back to full time work, things like ladies' a.m. Bible studies are out of the question. I enjoy so much hearing bits of wisdom from her that she has gleaned from the study. (Thanks, Sissy) Lately, she has talked about considering who is in your sphere of influence? Who does God put in your life to influence for Him?
I thought about this today as I worked with some kids who seem to need some positive influences. These are kids who have nice homes but not many rules, it seems. The kids began telling me long, involved stories of shows they watched last night on tv. At one point, I tried to steer the conversation and have them consider that most of tv is not true and not real life. I couldn't believe their reaction; it was as though they thought I was kidding! I felt so constricted, because in that environment, I couldn't give them the Truth that I so wished I could. I can pray for them, though!
I want to wish my dear friend, Barbara a happy birthday!! Wish I could take YOU to the mountains for your birthday right now! :)
Time to close with a quote: "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity." -Dorothy Parker
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my... yes, it is difficult to "wipe away" those influences that you have no control over. It is hard when you see your students soaking up things that are definitely not appropriate and feeling like your hands are tied. Prayer can definitely work, though!!!
Post a Comment