About Me

Monday, May 5, 2008

Long, long time!

It has been a long, long time since posting. Along with normal "life" we've had 3 baseball teams to keep up with, various illnesses, and craziness! It is all good, praise God, but where does the time go?
I am putting up some new photos of my favorite place, Blowing Rock, NC. In one of my earlier posts, I mentioned wanting to be there! Thankfully, the week of spring break we did go! We stayed in awesome cabins and hiked a lot! The mountains were in the midst of spring arriving and it was beautiful. One of my new favorite sights up there is the thousands of Christmas trees covering the hills and valleys.
We have allowed Harrison to play on 2 baseball teams at once this year. Actually, he is playing for the middle school team, which is a new endeavor for the school. We have only won one game, but the team works hard and all the guys have had a wonderful time. Having a successful season was not the goal, just having a team begin to grow was. Harrison is also playing Apex league. We have been juggling these schedules quite well, as he plays for the school first and foremost, then the rec league as time allows. We only had about 3 weeks of overlap. Our thought was since the school team was young, he needed to continue with the rec league to improve his game. All of this to say that he really has! He started in this league at age 5, and 7 years later he is a joy to watch. He plays catcher with all his heart! Can you tell I am a proud mama?! The reality is that when he was younger we only did one sport at a time, and just kept it all low-key. Harrison now has such a personal passion for the game that he needs to learn all he can in order to remain competitive. He is almost a teenager, and they are serious at this age. The main thing is, he beams at the end of every game, win or lose, and he is learning life lessons on the field.
Okay, I am off that one now, and I naturally feel the need to update on Will. He is growing so fast. He is such a dear child with a passionate love for the Lord, his family, and his friends. Injustice breaks his heart, and laughter repairs it. He is struggling mightily to control his hyper activity level and his impulses to show off in class. God is with us all in this struggle, and He will teach Will what he needs to learn.
Lastly, what a month for me- medically. I was gardening at the end of March and used a hoe for almost an hour digging up some stubborn roots. The next day, I couldn't move my thumb or forefinger. Turns out, many weeks later, I find I have carpel tunnel in both wrists, and arthritis in my thumb. Is it all supposed to fall off when you reach 40???
Then for the past week or more, I have had a powerful ear infection. I have basically missed 2 weekends of family fun due to this. Two antibiotics and steroids later, I am improving, slowly.
The quote I chose for this post hearkens back to my gardening adventure. It also makes me think of the children I teach. Some children are so rough around the edges and other teachers think of them as "weeds". I am thankful for allowing me to see the virtues in these kids and the ability to encourage them. It is a small moment in their lives, but I always pray that God will multiply it. Have a blessed week! Quote: "What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have yet to be discovered." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 comment:

Kellie said...

YAY!! So glad you are back. I was truly getting concerned when you hadn't blogged in 2 months! Happy to know you are feeling better.

Harrison sounds like he is doing great. :) GOOD JOB on the baseball juggling!

Will sounds like Wesley a bit. I know God has a plan for him and we're hanging on, too.

Glad you got to go to Blowing Rock. We'll hopefully be there this summer. :)

Miss you!