About Me

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Storms and Songs


This weekend we had stormy weather. Actually, around here, it was a lot of rain and wind. Yet, just to the east in Wilson, where I'm from, it was a different story. A tornado or two hit and killed two people. It was very sad to watch, but looking at what happened, it seemed a miracle that more were not killed.
The one thing that has struck me in the aftermath is how people around there come around so quickly to help each other. I saw a piece on the news of people showing up the next morning just to help these poor folks recover items from their destroyed homes. It was heartwarming to see this. Sometimes we need to be "Jesus with skin on" for people.

Along with the weather, we had a piano recital to attend. Will had his first recital as a piano student and he did great! He walked right up to the piano, played his songs, and took a bow. He has practiced SO much that he made it look easy! I hope he remembers this experience in that light. If he practices anything as much as he does piano, he will succeed there too! We were really proud of him!

Then on Sunday both boys had choir practice at church. Their Christmas concerts are coming soon, so I love the songs they are humming around the house! As a musician, I love hearing their continued love for music, and especially their love for music as worship to God!

Today we had awesome weather! Most people would disagree with me! We actually had snow flurries! For November around here, that was a miracle! Now, nothing stuck, and it was just a flurry, but it was so fun! I love snow, and it was exciting to think about getting more this winter. Please oh please!!!

Happy snow thoughts, and happy week ahead to you!

No comments: