About Me

Monday, November 10, 2008

Three Months Later...


Okay, this has to be a world's record. A three month break between posts. I cut back my work hours this year, but not my "Mom" hours.!! It has been such a hectic time. I spend all afternoon each day in the minvan- yes I live in Cary!. Then it is off to homework and other activities. I honestly don't know where the time has gone. The other role I play is daughter. As my mom slips deeper into dementia, I try to spend more time with my dad. He is such a wonderful husband, caring for her 24/7, but I know he needs a break often. They have not moved yet, so we all continue to trek to Wilson and back several times a week.

As for this moment in time, Fall is fabulous this year! The weather has been cooler and so beautiful! The trees are so pretty and the leaves are gathering in our yard! I still wonder about the acorns. The old wives' tale about a bountiful crop of acorns means a long cold winter. If it is true, our backyard should be due for a blizzard this year. Ah, one can always hope!

We are getting ready to start basketball season. My wonderful husband/coach is gearing up. Both boys are just as excited as their dad. Go Eagles!

My theme for right now, is the theme I should have all the time. Yet it seems that it often takes "big" events in our lives to remind us: God is in control. I can only speak that right now, simply because it is true. He is not surprised by any of the election results, and he is not surprised at the things happening in my world right now. THAT is something to be thankful for!

I decided to include a photo of this favorite season of mine! We went a few weeks ago to a pumpkin patch and chose some great ones to carve.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Glad to see you back. :) I know your plate is full with your Mom and just being a Mom yourself. I definitely understand. Hope to see you soon...