About Me

Monday, March 2, 2009

March Madness


March Madness usually refers to the NCAA basketball world. In my world, it refers to my crazy life right now! In the past month, I have helped move my mom into a nursing home, packed my parent's home of 46 years, moved dad into his new home, worked, and tried to be a mom and wife. Now, on this second day of March, we got an unusual snow- complete with no school for the boys, and no work for me.

The snow today was such a gift in the midst of my madness! The day off was much needed and welcomed. The time with the boys was precious. I thank God for this gift. When Will saw the snow this morning, he exclaimed, " It looks like Narnia!" Harrison was the man of the house as Scott had to work. He shoveled the steps for me and took great care to help out all day.

I had a sweet moment with the boys during the snow. We were walking the dog on the greenway, marveling at the beautiful snow. Harrison remarked at how the snow was too mushy to sled or really play in today. Will says, " Mommy, I think God just gives us some snows to look at and thank him for His creation." I could not have said it better myself.

I haven't felt much like posting this last month. Most of the time, I have just been too tired. Helping my dad pack our family home has been difficult physically and emotionally. Perhaps I will write about all of this in future postings. It is all chaos in my mind right now.

It is supposed to be near 80 degrees by the end of this week. If that isn't North Carolina weather, I don't know what is! Due to the snow day today , I now have to work this Saturday, so I don't think I will get to enjoy the warm-up! Year round schooling is just plain weird!

Thanks for reading, and happy snow day!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

{{{Mary-Claudia}}}... what a month this last one has been for you. I have thought of you several times and prayed for strength. I know that was difficult.

I got your email and we would LOVE for you to come see us soon! Let me know when you're free and we'll go from there! We are not as wide open right now, I guess. lol!!