About Me

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Top Ten

Today's entry is patterned after those top ten lists. The idea for this came from the many months I have been reading Kellie's blog. So often, I agree in my heart with what she is saying, but I don't usually send comments. Here are all those comments combined into a top ten list:

Top Ten Things We Can All Learn from Kellie's Blog

1. Love God. ( I am reminded of the Scripture verse I have claimed for my boys: Micah 6:8 "act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God." )

2. Love your family.

3. Circle the wagons in a time of need. God gives us people in our lives to pray for us and stand beside us.

4. When you see a crescent-shaped moon laying on its back, it really is going to rain! ( It really happened the night Kellie wrote about this!)

5. Brothers are great! (Note: Kellie, I pray one day that you experience the joys of sisters-in-law!)

6. Praise God each day for the amazing spouse God gave you!

7. Take delight in the smallest parts of God's creation- He made it all for us!

8. Kellie would be one person who wouldn't laugh at me when I cry over trees being knocked down near me..... to put in a TIRE STORE!!!!! Aaaaggghhhh!!

9. Being a teacher is a privilege...

10. Having a friend is a gift!

Oh! One more thing! Yes, down here in the south, we do say "y'all", "over yonder", and "there is an inch of snow- school's closed!!"

I'll close with today's thought: "You made us for yourself, and our hearts find no peace until they rest in you." -St. Augustine

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Awww... that made me feel quite special!!! I am so thankful you have enjoyed my blog all this time and now I look forward to enjoying yours. Glad I have that kindred spirit about trees out there. lol