Christmas season is here and it is so wonderful! I do enjoy all the things we do as a family both at home and at church. Even as my children grow, I love sharing all this with them. Scott and I have been purposeful about creating our own traditions as a family and it is neat to hear which ones our kids love each year! I love seeing the season through their eyes.
Even so, I also love seeing Christmas, and life in general through any child's eyes. I received a precious set of cards from a six year old today. She is a student in my classroom that is just lots of fun to teach! I have been sick this week with the dreaded stomach virus. Thankfully, no one else in the family has it yet. So, I missed two days of work and this little girl wrote a get-well/Christmas card while I was out.
The most precious part of it to me is that she is aware of the urgency of Christmas as well as the special nature of it. Here is what the first card says:
" Dear Mrs. Huntley I hop you fel betr because you mite miss the snow. I hop you don't mis crismis. We need you pecuz I mis you and want you bac."
Did you get that? I love pecuz for because!!
When I arrived today, she quickly went to her desk and wrote the second card. It reads:
"Dear Mrs. Huntley,
I am glad you ditind mis crismis. I am glad you or not sik inemor."
What a precious sentiment from a child's heart. I don't think Hallmark could come up with that one!
Enjoy your season and see it through the eyes of a child for a moment!
1 comment:
Through the eyes and words of a child. That was precious. Glad you are feeling better!
Post a Comment