About Me

Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas

I can't believe it is Dec. 26 and Christmas is over. It was such a whirlwind of activity last week, I almost missed it! Thankfully, God slowed me down and we had a lovely celebration. Our family celebrates simply, yet surely. The photo on the left is of the moment before we went to our church's Moravian Love Feast. Will in his Christmas plaid shirt, and Harrison in white because of his "job". He loves to volunteer to serve the feast with other youth of the church. They all wear white with red kitchen aprons on top. He does a fabulous job and I love that he enjoys serving.

We came home and enjoyed a little feast and then it was off to bed. Due to our crazy schedule, I had not wrapped ANY gifts, so Scott and I started wrapping at 9pm. We have never done this before, but A Christmas Story was on tv, and we enjoyed watching that! He went to bed around 11:30 and I continued until around 1am.

Even though the boys are older, they still arise BEFORE 6am on Christmas Day! We don't really mind, because they play so well together until our pre-decided time of 7am for all to get up. They could hardly wait, and we were all downstairs by 7am. We were reading from The Bible Luke 2 by 7:15 am if that tells you anything!!!
We went to my brother's home shortly after 10am and had a wonderful day with my family. The cousins are so awesome together, and we love the fun they have. One funny story, I have to tell: I couldn't resist getting one of those Hallmark bags that makes sounds. It is the Peeker one, where you turn it on, and when a child gets near it, a sensor goes off. It makes a siren sound, and a man's voice comes on telling that " We have a Peeker in Progress. All units respond. Peeker, we have you surrounded, drop the present, and just back away slowly." Since Will is prime peeking age, we have had fun with it. (I should clarify, Will really would not peek at a gift, but he does LOVE to shake packages, and guess whay they are!)
Anyway, my niece got this little video camera for Christmas, and she and Will spent hours making Peeker videos with that bag. It involved her filming, and Will acting out a present peeker getting caught with a gift under the tree. I'll try to get a video up here soon.

We thank God for Christmas and for our dear family and friends. Merry Christmas!

No comments: