About Me

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Anniversary, Part 2

I took pictures of our anniversary gifts to each other and accidentally posted them with yesterday's post! LOL I am so not computer saavy! Help Kellie!
Anyway, the pictures are of 2 pottery items we bought for each other. They are handmade NC pottery from Seagrove, NC. One is a beautiful blue bowl for our coffee table. I love the swirls of color in it. The second is a decorative painted plate. It looks so lively! I am placing it on our mantel with my completed cross stitch items from this summer.
We actually joke that we bought each other a washing machine for our anniversary because we really had to by a new one over the weekend. The pottery seemed like a more lasting and loving gift! I love to support the potters in our state. I love the local Seagrove which is not too far from here. I also love the mountain potters too. It seems to fit with my "simple life" theme these days. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

LOVE the new look of your blog! :)

Hmmm... it probably posted in the earlier blog because they were both posted on the same day. You can "grab a hold" of them with your mouse and move them.

The pottery is beautiful! What a lasting treasure!!