About Me

Friday, July 18, 2008

Ham, Turkey, or Bologna?

What a week! I am aware that my generation is now in the throws of experiencing the sandwich generation. It seems to hit most people around my age in one way or another. I feel like the bologna this week! Right in the middle of the sandwich! I have watched my friends Sissy, Kellie, and Debbie go through seasons of this with such strength and Faith, I was in awe!

I am taking care of my own boys, with all that entails, then Scott had surgery, and he was in need of care. He is doing great this week and I am thankful! Then, Dad started having stomach pains and needed to have tests run. That leaves me to take care of Mom, as well as take him back and forth to the doctor! Mom is now at the point of needing assistance with most things, so it is a full time job.

As I write this, it sounds so much like complaining! Yet I have seen so many blessings! 1. Will was already in a camp this week, so I didn't need childcare for him! 2. Harrison was a trooper and never complained about being shuffled around this week. 3.Scott recovered amazingly fast! 4. Dad, thankfully, only has taken too much Advil and temporarily hurt his stomach. He will recover quickly. God is good!
Oh, in the midst of all of this, I managed to get the boys' bathroom painted and wallpapered! LOL

I have to go to Wilson once again on Monday for more tests for Dad, so please pray for that time! Meanwhile, as I type, the boys are here having my nieces over for a sleepover! All who read this know I LOVE having boys! Nothing better! However, occasionally, I have such a blast with my brothers' girls! They are so giggly, fun, happy, silly! All the things I was as a little girl! What a treasure!

Have a great weekend! We are hoping to see a little more rain around here!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

I know what you are feeling (as you so well know..)and will be praying for the strength you need. It only comes from the Lord.

Loved your small blessings you saw the Lord give you. It was during that time I began to really see how God moved daily in my life.

Hang in there and I'll be praying for your Mom and Dad. (and YOU!!!) :)