About Me

Saturday, July 5, 2008

July...simply summer

I seem to have a monthly blog instead of a daily blog. I had envisioned having the time each day this summer to post, but it has not happened! I hope to change that pattern! I have always loved cold weather with its comforts, but this summer I am falling in love with summer! I think I am so thankful to have the summer off, since I wasn't going to when I started my job last fall. I am loving being home with the boys and enjoying the simple blessings of summer. I am including some pictures today of some of the flowers on my deck. The yellow ones are small dahlias, the pink is an hibiscus. I only have a little digital camera, but it did okay on these close shots.

The other picture today is of one of my recent crosstitch projects. I just completed it on Thursday- just in time for July 4th. I love this one because it has the fabric and coloring of an old fashioned sampler, and it has words from "My Country Tis of Thee". Do kids these days even know that song?
It is funny, since I have renewed my crosstitch hobby this year, the boys have taken such an interest in what I'm doing. I made things for them when they were young, and they have talked about them- they even seem to understand that those things will always be special to them. I am thankful for that.
I do wish I had a better camera right now. There is a baby mockingbird in a nest right in our front yard. When we saw the nest a few weeks ago, we thought the eggs would never hatch due to the fact it is right at our driveway. Well, one did hatch, and he is the cutest thing! He has sprouted little wings in the last few days, and a few more feathers. It is amazing to watch! Scot t got too close yesterday, and the momma bird did a fly-over right on Scott's head! He got the message!
The flowers in bloom, July 4, and baby birds are simple pleasures of July! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Simple pleasures of summer. Oh, yes. I am so glad you are enjoying it all! Your cross-stitch is beautiful!!!! What a treasure for all. Glad your boys are starting to see how hard you are working. :) Your flowers are beautiful, too! :)